Need Answers?We Can Help! Email Us Today!
Bold labels are required.
Bold labels are required.
Phoenix Property & Theft Crime Defense Lawyer
Experienced Representation for Misdemeanor and Felony Theft Charges
There are many viable defenses to theft crimes — if your attorney knows what he's doing. At Suzuki Law Offices, L.L.C., your rights are represented by an experienced criminal defense lawyer who has handled everything from shoplifting to first-degree burglary.
If you are accused of stealing the property of another, or attempting a theft crime, contact us immediately before making any statements to police. We take cases in the Phoenix metro area, Maricopa county and surrounding counties of southern Arizona.
A Former Federal and State Prosecutor on Your Side
Free Consultation • 602-635-1369 • Hablamos Español!
Attorney Richard Suzuki can help you answer to any theft-related charges to avoid prison or minimize the consequences of conviction:
- Burglary — Entering or remaining in a structure to commit theft or any other felony; a class 3 felony if it is a residence; a class 2 felony if you are carrying a weapon at the time
- Possession of burglary tools (such as a crowbar, jiggle key or lock-picking kit)
- Robbery — Theft of property by force or threat, including armed robbery
- Shoplifting — Retail theft is a felony if the stolen merchandise exceeds a certain value, or if you have two prior shoplifting convictions
- Theft by deception — bad checks, fake ID or other forgery, retail scams
- Identity theft or credit card theft
- Auto theft — Theft of means of transportation is a class 3 felony
Mr. Suzuki exhausts all defenses for theft crimes and related property crimes, asking such tough questions as:
- Was there intent to permanently deprive the victim? Auto theft charges may not stick if you abandoned the vehicle or returned it.
- How were you identified as the suspect? Is there physical evidence or only a victim's "positive ID"?
- Did other persons have opportunity or access to the stolen goods? Were they investigated?
Was the search warrant or traffic stop valid?
For lesser offenses, charges may be dropped if restitution is made. For more serious theft crimes, Mr. Suzuki will seek to get charges dismissed or evidence dismissed, or prepare to defend you at trial.
If you are accused of a theft crime in Arizona, call Suzuki Law Offices at 602-635-1369 for a free initial consultation, or contact us online. We will explain the possible consequences and your legal options. Richard Suzuki is fluent in Spanish.Click Here for a Free Case Evaluation