Daniel Akers is a highly experienced criminal law attorney who has handled all manner of cases both as a defense attorney and as a prosecutor. A graduate of the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 1994), he began his career with the Cochise County Public Defender’s Office, defending a variety of felony criminal matters including aggravated DUI, drug offenses and property crimes.
Daniel later accepted a position as a prosecutor with the Cochise County Attorney’s Office, where he was eventually promoted to a senior level (Attorney III) position. As a prosecutor, Daniel handled numerous types of serious felony cases, including first degree murder, vehicular manslaughter, aggravated assault and sex offenses. He also prosecuted lower level felony cases including aggravated DUI, property crime and drug offenses. He compiled an excellent trial record and was nominated as prosecutor of the year in 2015 (small jurisdiction). He was known for his integrity and dedication, as well as a focus on achieving the most just possible outcome in all his cases.
Daniel has returned to criminal defense work, and is devoted to utilizing his experience and knowledge in providing professional legal assistance to those accused of criminal offenses.
University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
- J.D., Honors: Law Review
University of New Orleans
- B.A., History, Honors: Graduated with distinction in History; Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Our team is available to take your call 24/7 – day or night
- Our attorneys have worked on the other side of the courtroom
- Our defense lawyers are fluent in both English and Spanish
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients
- We will review your case for FREE in an initial consultation
- We are a devoted and highly rated team of professional advocates
- We are aggressive and honest in our pursuit to uphold your rights
- Our team has in-house Private Investigators that are retired from law enforcement