Seth Apfel is licensed to practice in Arizona and in the United States District Court. Mr. Apfel is completely dedicated to criminal defense and civil rights work. Prior to going to law school, he spent more than ten years on the board of directors of a major civil rights organization dedicated to fighting for people’s constitutional rights, and lobbied the Arizona legislation to fight for the rights of Arizonans.
Mr. Apfel graduated from University of Arizona, James E. Rogers School of Law. While in law school, he received several awards, including best argument and best brief awards for appellate moot court, and best published research note for his article on prosecutorial misconduct. Since graduating from law school, Mr. Apfel has handled hundreds of felony cases, involving charges that have run the gamut from murder to possession of marijuana, dangerous crimes against children to DUI. Mr. Apfel has considerable experience in white collar matters as well, having spent more than a decade in the investment business before going to law school.
Mr. Apfel has won decisions at the Arizona Supreme Court and Arizona Court of Appeals, where he successfully fought to limit the ability of the government to impose unfair conditions upon people who have been charged with a crime and are awaiting trial, and to prevent the court from arbitrarily extending a person’s period of probation. He has litigated hundreds of issues, challenging the constitutionality of statutes, searches and seizures, violations of defendants’ rights of association and speech, inadequate opportunities for defendants to be heard, and much more. In 2017, he was awarded the Rising Star award, recognizing exceptional performance by an attorney. He was the first person to ever receive nominations for the award from multiple counties.
- Our team is available to take your call 24/7 – day or night
- Our attorneys have worked on the other side of the courtroom
- Our defense lawyers are fluent in both English and Spanish
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients
- We will review your case for FREE in an initial consultation
- We are a devoted and highly rated team of professional advocates
- We are aggressive and honest in our pursuit to uphold your rights
- Our team has in-house Private Investigators that are retired from law enforcement