Initial Consultations are Free for Criminal Defense Clients
If you are facing criminal charges in Tucson, Arizona, it's important to have an experienced and dedicated criminal defense attorney on your side. With so much at stake - including your freedom, reputation, and future opportunities - you will want a legal advocate who will fight tirelessly for your rights and interests. At Suzuki Law Offices, we understand the challenges that come with facing criminal charges, and we are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of legal representation.
Our skilled attorneys have extensive experience defending clients against a wide range of criminal charges, from DUIs to violent crimes. Everything might feel uncertain right now, but with our team leading the way, we know that you’ll feel confident about what tomorrow can bring. Let’s get to work right now on protecting your rights.
Dial (602) 842-6762 to request a free consultationwith our Tucson criminal defense lawyers.
Your Rights are Important – Fight for Them Now!
At our Tucson criminal defense firm, we believe that everyone deserves a strong defense when accused of criminal violations of any sort. If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges, don't wait to get the help you need. Our experienced attorneys are here to guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights every step of the way.
What Happens If You are Convicted?
The severity of the penalties that you could face if convicted of a crime depends on the crime in question. Misdemeanors have lower sentencing requirements than felonies, but both can completely disrupt your life for years. It is important to do what you can to fight any charges, which should start by calling (602) 842-6762 now.
Different penalties that you could face if you are convicted of a crime include:
- Fines: A court may impose fines as a penalty for certain offenses. The amount of the fine will depend on the nature and severity of the offense, but oftentimes, the fines and miscellaneous costs will exceed $1,000 for even low-level misdemeanors.
- Jail time: In Arizona, imprisonment sentences can range from a few days to several years depending on the offense. For serious and violent crimes like murder or aggravated assault, lifelong prison sentences may be imposed.
- Probation: You may be placed on probation instead of being sentenced to jail time. During probation, you must comply with specific conditions such as regularly reporting to a probation officer, attending counseling sessions, or refraining from drug and alcohol use.
- Community service: A court may include community service as part of a sentence. This typically involves performing unpaid work for a non-profit organization or government agency, such as spending several hours each week cleaning up local highways.
- Restitution: If you are accused of harming the alleged victim, you may be ordered to pay restitution as part of the sentence. This could include reimbursing victims for medical expenses, property damage, or lost wages.
In addition to these penalties, you could face other consequences such as loss of driving privileges or deportation if you are not a U.S. citizen. It's important to note that every case is unique, and penalties will vary based on the specific circumstances surrounding each case. No matter what, we will do what we can to make sure the penalties that you face are as minimal as possible, which could include no penalties at all due to a not-guilty verdict or case dismissal.
Criminal Defense Cases We Can Accept
Suzuki Law Offices can help protect your rights if you have been accused of:
- DUI: We defend clients against charges of driving under the influence. This can include challenging the results of breathalyzer tests, questioning the legality of traffic stops, negotiating plea bargains, and more.
- Drug crimes: Have you been charged with drug possession, distribution, or manufacturing? We can challenge the legality of search and seizure procedures, negotiate plea deals to reduce charges, and advocate for alternative sentencing options when available.
- Assault and battery: Don’t let an assault and battery charge go unchallenged. If you are convicted of a violent crime, then your future could be completely altered by the punishments.
- Domestic violence: Our attorneys can look for ways to protect you from unjust domestic violence accusations and charges, which could include questioning the credibility of witnesses or evidence presented by prosecutors.
- Theft and property crimes: Even if no one was injured during the course of a theft or property crime like burglary or vandalism, you can be sure that the state will still do everything it can to secure a conviction.
- White collar crimes: When you’re accused of embezzlement or fraud, you should immediately seek the help of our attorneys, who are highly familiar with complex cases such as white collar crimes.
- Sex crimes: We can represent people who have been accused of sex crimes such as sexual assault. Your life could be turned upside-down if you are convicted—or even convincingly accused. Our attorneys can fight tirelessly to defeat the charges and restore your reputation.
"He answered all my questions free of charge and was very helpful."Linda
"Richard J Suzuki is an outstanding lawyer, extremely professional and responsive. The absolute best experience, my family and I were beyond content with the overall outcome."Rosa
"When I got into trouble with the law I didn’t know where to turn. Mr. O’Sullivan was immediately assigned to my case and I felt a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders."Justine F