Tucson Drug Crimes Lawyer
Legal Representation for Drug Cases in AZ
If you've been arrested for a drug crime in Tucson, don't hesitate to call now for a FREE review. Attorney Suzuki has extensive experience handling drug crime cases and has achieved successful results in even the most complex situations.
With a background as a former prosecutor, Mr. Suzuki understands what it takes to provide an effective criminal defense. He also works with retired law enforcement detectives who have expertise in dealing with large Drug Trafficking Organizations (DTOs).
How Suzuki Law Offices Can Assist You:
- We have the experience of former prosecutors.
- Our legal team is available 24/7 to take your call.
- We have successfully defended numerous clients in Arizona.
- We begin your case with a free evaluation.
Whether you're facing drug possession charges or serious felony or federal drug crime charges, Suzuki Law Offices is here to listen to your case.
Aggressive Representation for Various Drug Offenses
Richard J. Suzuki, our founding attorney, defends both first-time and repeat offenders against a wide range of drug crimes involving substances like meth, cocaine, crack, heroin, and other controlled substances.
The drug cases we've handled include:
- Dangerous drug crimes
- Drug possession
- Drug trafficking
- Drug sale
- Drug manufacture and cultivation
- Marijuana possession
- Drug paraphernalia possession
- Prescription drug crimes
- Drug offenses involving minors
Why You Should Hire a Drug Crime Lawyer in Tucson
Charges like drug trafficking carry mandatory prison time upon conviction. Early intervention by a Tucson drug lawyer can make a significant difference. You may already be under investigation or unknowingly interacting with undercover officers or confidential informants. Anything you say can be used against you. When you choose Suzuki Law Offices, we take immediate steps to protect your rights and challenge the prosecution's case.
We thoroughly examine every aspect of the investigation, arrest, and search and seizure, considering:
- Did they have proper probable cause for warrants or wiretaps?
- Did they exceed the scope of the warrant?
- Is the government's informant reliable or biased to serve their own interests?
- Do the quantity of drugs and the circumstances warrant intent to sell or trafficking charges?
Our team will help you find answers to these questions and construct a strong defense for your drug crime case.
Penalties for Drug Crimes in Tucson, AZ
In Tucson, the penalties for drug crimes can vary based on the specific offense and the amount of drugs involved.
Here are some general guidelines:
- Possession of a controlled substance (e.g., cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin) is a felony offense. Penalties may include jail time, fines, probation, and mandatory drug treatment. The severity of the penalties depends on the type and amount of drugs and any prior criminal history.
- Possession with the intent to distribute or sell a controlled substance is also a felony offense. Penalties may include lengthy prison sentences, fines, and mandatory drug treatment, again depending on the type and amount of drugs involved.
- Drug trafficking or transporting controlled substances across state lines is a felony offense in Tucson. Penalties may include significant prison sentences, fines, and mandatory drug treatment.
- Arizona has mandatory minimum sentences for drug offenses, meaning that individuals convicted of drug crimes may face mandatory prison time.
It's important to note that drug crime penalties in Arizona can vary depending on the circumstances of each case. If you're facing drug charges, consult with a Tucson drug attorney who can help you understand your legal options and work to protect your rights.
Should I Accept a Plea Bargain or Go to Trial?
Our primary goal is to help clients avoid prison time and return to their lives and loved ones. First-time drug offenders may be eligible for diversion programs, such as TASC drug treatment, to avoid a criminal record. This opportunity is usually available only once, so it's crucial to work with the right lawyer, even if you have no prior criminal history.
If you have previous drug crime convictions or face more serious charges, we prepare for trial while searching for weaknesses in the prosecution's case to expand your options. At Suzuki Law Offices, we exhaust every strategy to get charges dismissed, evidence suppressed, or negotiate lesser sentences.
Is Marijuana Legal in Arizona?
Contrary to common belief, Arizona has some of the strictest drug laws in the US. Even possession of a small amount of marijuana can be classified as a felony. According to the American Civil Liberties Union, marijuana charges account for 56% of drug arrests in the state. While medical marijuana use is permitted under specific conditions, violating Arizona's marijuana laws can result in severe penalties.
What is Proposition 200?
Proposition 200 is a law designed to protect the rights of individuals charged with various drug offenses in Arizona. It offers lenient sentences for first and second-time offenders. However, it's important to note that not all drug offenses qualify for this law's benefits.
Call Today for Your Free Consultation:
Attorney Richard Suzuki is a former Deputy Maricopa County Attorney and Assistant U.S. Attorney, having worked on state and federal drug prosecutions. With his experience, we know how to challenge drug charges and guide you through the criminal justice system towards the most favorable outcome. Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist you. The consultation is completely free!
Call our Tucson drug lawyers at (602) 842-6762 for a FREE consultation. We're available 24/7!
"He answered all my questions free of charge and was very helpful."Linda
"Richard J Suzuki is an outstanding lawyer, extremely professional and responsive. The absolute best experience, my family and I were beyond content with the overall outcome."Rosa
"When I got into trouble with the law I didn’t know where to turn. Mr. O’Sullivan was immediately assigned to my case and I felt a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders."Justine F