Healthcare fraud charges are complex and involve intricacies of medical billing compliance, insurance regulations, and criminal law. When your livelihood, reputation, and freedom are at stake, you need lawyers by your side who truly comprehend the intricacies of defending such cases.
The Arizona healthcare fraud defense lawyers of Suzuki Law have years of experience successfully representing doctors, healthcare providers, business owners, and employees facing investigations or charges involving Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance fraud allegations.
We know that feeling overwhelmed or unsure of where to turn is common in stressful situations like this. Let our Arizona federal crime defense lawyers help. We are here to listen without judgment, explain your options, and fight vigorously for the best possible outcome
Our Federal Healthcare Fraud Defense Services
Suzuki Law Offices comprises nationally recognized criminal defense lawyers, including former prosecutors and a former Assistant U.S. Attorney (Richard Suzuki). We have the experience and resources to help healthcare providers and businesses in fraud-related actions.
Our work in this area includes counsel and defense for:
- Civil and criminal investigations, including OIG, CMS, Arizona Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MCFU), and FBI investigations
- Medicare and Medicaid fraud
- False Claims Act (FCA) and Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) violations
- Double-billing, billing for services not provided, double billing, upcoding, and other regulatory insurance fraud violations
- Prescription fraud
With a large criminal defense practice, our fraud attorneys in Arizona are also equipped to handle other related state and federal charges, including Phoenix federal drug crimes, white collar crimes, elder fraud and abuse, federal benefits fraud, racketeering (RICO), and human trafficking.
Committed to providing exceptional legal representation to each and every client through integrity, compassion, and experience.
Committed to providing exceptional legal service to each and every client through integrity, compassion and experience.Get Started
Strategic Counsel for Federal Health Care Fraud Investigations and Criminal Prosecution
The federal government has a vested interest in rooting out waste, fraudulent activities, and abuse within federal health care programs, devotes tremendous resources to investigating suspicious claim patterns, and takes aggressive measures to prosecute individuals and businesses for fraud.
In recent years, these actions have produced thousands of criminal indictments for alleged fraud crimes, amounting to billions of dollars in alleged losses. When the federal government wants to crack down, it does so with incredible force.
For providers and medical businesses in the crosshairs of regulators and federal authorities, this is ample reason to seek counsel capable of taking strategic steps in your defense against fraud allegations. This may include:
- Immediate representation to intervene in civil regulatory investigations and manage exposure to penalties, penalties against your professional licenses, medical license, and potential criminal referrals.
- Support to communicate appropriately with regulators/authorities and comply with requests for information, document production, and more.
- Exploration of tailored defense strategies when criminal charges have already been filed.
- Negotiations for good faith resolutions, including civil penalties in lieu of criminal charges or reduced criminal penalties.
- Aggressive representation in legal proceedings and trial when necessary.
If you’re facing federal criminal charges for healthcare fraud crimes or own a mental health or substance abuse treatment center that bills Medicaid or other federal health programs – the time to protect yourself is now.
Our Arizona Medicaid fraud and healthcare defense lawyers are available to speak with potential clients statewide and offer FREE and confidential consultations. Contact us today to speak with a criminal defense attorney.
Arizona Healthcare Fraud Defense Lawyer Near Me 602-682-5270
Alert: Federal Authorities Targeting Rehab Centers that Treat Native American Patients
Medicaid Fraud Strike Force Alert: Suzuki Law Offices is representing a growing number of substance abuse and behavioral health facilities that are being targeted by an ongoing investigation into healthcare fraud related to the treatment of Native American patients.
As reported by AZCentral, federal authorities are targeting fraudulent rehab, group housing, and behavioral health residential centers accused of targeting Indigenous populations and billing federal healthcare programs such as Medicaid for unnecessary services or medical services that were never rendered.
Here are some facts about the investigation:
- The investigation is statewide. Federal authorities, including federal health care regulators and the FBI, are investigating hundreds of rehabs and group homes across Arizona for allegedly preying upon vulnerable individuals with substance abuse and mental health issues from the Navajo Nation and other reservations in Arizona, New Mexico, and South Dakota. Authorities claim these facilities locate and transport individuals to their facilities and instruct them to register for Arizona Medicaid benefits administered by the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), as well as other state and federal benefits.
- The investigation is ongoing. Authorities are actively investigating providers and working to build evidence for future indictments. Earlier this year, for example, the FBI published a call for Native American victims recruited to live in and receive services from group homes in Phoenix.
- This is a high-priority enforcement action. Regulators suspect that illegitimate group homes have defrauded the state of hundreds of millions in federal funding – which makes this a high-priority investigation where regulators are likely to take aggressive actions.
- There are serious penalties at stake. Implicated facilities have been accused of billing for unnecessary services, billing for services not rendered, and other violations and crimes that carry large civil penalties and the potential for criminal prosecution and serious prison time.
Given the scope and severity of the alleged crimes, all substance abuse and mental health treatment facilities – including those offering both inpatient and outpatient services – should be on high alert for investigations and communications from federal regulators.
At Suzuki Law Officers, our attorneys are standing by to provide immediate counsel and discuss strategies to intervene in investigations, respond appropriately to prosecutions, and work to limit or avoid what can be life-altering penalties.
If you’ve been charged with Medicaid fraud or other federal healthcare crimes for providing mental health and substance abuse treatment in Phoenix or the state of Arizona, call now to speak with a Phoenix healthcare fraud defense attorney from our team.
Defending Your Rights with a Former Assistant United States Attorney
When dealing with criminal charges in U.S. District Court, nothing beats having prior experience in federal court. Your criminal case will benefit greatly from the experience of Richard J. Suzuki, our founding attorney, and a former federal prosecutor.
Call Suzuki Law Offices if you are facing federal charges, including arrest, indictment, or investigational targeting. When it comes to federal court procedures, our Phoenix federal crime attorneys are well-versed.
Allow someone with experience as a former federal prosecutor to manage your case. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.