If you were involved in a car accident, a Phoenix personal injury lawyer can help you seek compensation for your damages. Without the help of an attorney, you may have difficulty obtaining the money you need to cover your medical expenses, missed wages, etc.
While an attorney can greatly increase the likelihood of a successful claim, there are a few things that you can do to improve your case as well.
First, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Safety is your priority, and official documentation of your medical visits and expenses will not only substantiate your damages, but help your lawyer determine the value of your case.
At the Scene of the Accident
Much like a police crime scene, the site of your car accident contains evidence that can bolster your case. If possible, gather the following information immediately following your accident:
- Photographs of the scene, including damages to vehicles
- Information from witnesses, including their contact information
- Police reports, which will increase documentation of your case
Work with the Right Attorney
In many cases, persistence and patience are the keys to a successful car accident claim. Even with the right documentation, you will need the guidance of a seasoned legal professional to help you collect full and fair compensation for your accident.
With the help of a lawyer, you can prove the following facets of your case:
- Duty of Care – Duty of care is a legal term that refers to a person's responsibility to act with due caution and care. Motorists, for example, owe duty of care to pedestrians and other drivers.
- Negligence – A driver is negligent when he / she violates duty of care. Drunk driving, texting, or reckless driving are all examples of negligent driving, which breaches duty of care.
- Damages – This refers to injuries, medical expenses, ongoing care, missed wages, lost earning potential, and more. Sometimes, you can seek money for non-economic damages too.
- Causation – Causation refers to the connection between the other drivers' negligence and your damages. To get compensation, you must show that the other driver caused your injury, etc.
See how the Phoenix car accident lawyers from Suzuki Law Offices, L.L.C. can help you maximize your claim during a free consultation.