Serious injuries can significantly impact a person after a car accident. However, catastrophic injuries affect a person for the rest of their life. In many cases, a catastrophic injury will make such a drastic impact on a person that it hinders their ability to work and live their lives as they once did. Understanding common types of catastrophic injuries are essential when seeking compensation after a car accident.
If you or your loved one have suffered a catastrophic injury after a car accident, our Phoenix catastrophic injury lawyers can help you get the compensation you need to protect your future. Call us today at (602) 842-6762!
5 Common Catastrophic Injuries Sustained After a Car Accident
Catastrophic injuries can result in years of rehabilitation, medical treatments, and surgical interventions. Below we have put together a list of the most common types of catastrophic injuries sustained in a car accident.
- Burn Injuries: When a person sustains second or third-degree burns in a car accident, the results can be excruciating. Burn injuries can result in life-long scarring and disfigurement.
- Amputations: Another common type of catastrophic injury sustained after a car accident are amputations. The loss of a limb can leave a person unable to continue their line of work, and it can require extensive rehabilitation and treatments.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries can be severe because they can result in life-long paralysis.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are another common type of catastrophic injury sustained in a car accident. In many cases, TBI can result in severe depression and may require medical care around the clock.
- Traumatic Fractures: Traumatic fractures often require multiple surgeries to correct, and in some cases, car accident survivors never fully recover. This can result in a lifetime of limited mobility, pain, and nerve damage.
If you or your loved one have sustained a catastrophic injury after a car accident, you need an experienced attorney on your side to help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact our Phoenix catastrophic injury attorney today at (602) 842-6762 to schedule a consultation!