Phoenix Drug Possession Attorneys
Let Our Phoenix Drug Lawyers Protect Your Future
After a drug possession arrest, evidence can make or break the case. If prosecutors don't have the right evidence, or the evidence was collected illegally, the defendant's case becomes stronger. In fact, the defendant may have their charges reduced or dropped if the prosecutor doesn't have the right evidence. As drug crime lawyers, Suzuki Law Offices conducts in-depth investigations into our clients' cases to look for evidence to challenge the charges against them.
Why you should call Suzuki Law Offices after an arrest:
- Our team is available to take your call 24/7
- Richard Suzuki is a former prosecutor
- We have represented hundreds of clients
- We’ll start your case with a FREE evaluation
At Suzuki Law Offices, we review probable cause to determine if the law enforcement officer followed the proper arrest procedures. Our Phoenix drug possession attorneys also collaborate with investigators to determine whether the search and seizure of the drugs was legal. Using any weakness in the prosecutor's case, we can create a strong strategy to keep you out of jail and to protect your future. If you have been charged with possession, don’t wait to give us a call.
Do Police Officers Have the Right to Search My Vehicle?
When police officers stop a car, it is common for them to ask to search the vehicle. However, it is important to know your rights, and be able to identify whether your rights were violated.
- If they do not see anything in plain sight that would indicate the presence of drugs or illegal activity, they do not have a right to search your vehicle. You can lawfully decline a search.
- Additionally,if the officers don't have reasonable suspicion that you've done something wrong, they can't stop your car in the first place. If narcotics are found in your car, the prosecution must prove that they belong to you.
Challenging Illegal Vehicle Searches
As your defense team, Suzuki Law Offices challenges the constitutionality of car stops regarding whether or not police had probable cause to search your vehicle.
- We review dashboard video footage if it is available, and determine whether an officer followed proper procedures during your investigation and arrest.
- We can also challenge the prosecution's claim that the drugs found were actually yours, especially when other people were in your car or had access to your vehicle.
The Penalties for Narcotics & Marijuana Possession
The penalties for possessing, distributing, or smuggling narcotics are substantial at both the state and federal levels. The penalties for possession of marijuana depend on the weight of the drugs in the defendant's possession. Consequences range from four months in jail (for less than two pounds) to nearly four years in prison for cases involving more than four pounds.
Some examples of penalties include:
- In the case of meth, a conviction can mean between 5 and 15 years in prison. Possession of more than 9 grams of meth carries a mandatory prison sentence.
- In the case of cocaine, prison is mandatory for persons convicted for possessing more than 9 grams, or 750 milligrams in rock form. Selling cocaine carries a 3 to 12 1/2 year prison sentence as well.
Whatever the facts and circumstances surrounding your case, our attorneys always explore options for the best resolution possible. In some cases, this may involve alternative sentencing options or counseling in lieu of jail time.
We Fight Your Charges When You Need Us Most – Call Us Today!
The time immediately following a drug-related arrest is crucial. Before you talk to investigators or prosecutors, contact Suzuki Law Offices to schedule a free consultation. We are well-versed in drug crime defense, and our lawyers have the experience to help you obtain a favorable outcome. If you are searching for a criminal defense attorney to defend your case, speak with a member of our legal team today. Our Phoenix drug possession lawyers are ready to fight for you.
Our team has in-house Private Investigators that are retired from law enforcement
We are aggressive and honest in our pursuit to uphold your rights
We are a devoted and highly rated team of professional advocates
We will review your case for FREE in an initial consultation
Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients
Our defense lawyers are fluent in both English and Spanish
Our attorneys have worked on the other side of the courtroom
Our team is available to take your call 24/7 – day or night