Charges for Smuggling Immigrants & Harboring an Alien
Call Our Federal Defense Attorneys in Phoenix
If you have been charged with transporting illegal immigrants (aliens), trafficking in human life or aiding and abetting the illegal re-entry of a foreigner, you are facing a serious federal offense with the possibility of many years in prison. You need a seasoned defense lawyer with experience in federal court and knowledge of U.S. immigration laws.
Richard Suzuki is a former Assistant U.S. Attorney who handled hundreds of federal prosecutions in Phoenix and Tucson before he entered private practice. These insights into federal court procedure, sentencing guidelines and immigration offenses are invaluable if you are seeking to avoid charges of alien smuggling, harboring, or related charges.
Call Suzuki Law Offices immediately to protect your rights. Hablamos Español!
Federal Charges for Transporting Illegal Aliens
Federal law prohibits aiding, selling, encouraging, or inducing illegal entry of anyone who is not a U.S. citizen. Whether or not you are acting for profit or simply helping your family members into the U.S., these actions are punishable by law.
Attorney Richard Suzuki represents English and Spanish-speaking clients charged with alien smuggling and related offenses in Phoenix, Maricopa County or anywhere in Arizona.
Some of the more common offenses include:
- Alien smuggling – Knowingly bringing or arranging to bring illegals into the United States
- Transporting – Knowingly facilitating an illegal border crossing or transporting aliens
- Harboring – Knowingly concealing, harboring, or offering support to an illegal alien
- Encouraging or inducing – Knowingly encouraging or inducing an alien cross into the U.S.
- Illegal hiring – Intentionally hiring or recruiting an employee known to be an illegal alien
- Marriage fraud – Knowingly marrying a non-U.S. citizen to evade any provision of entry
- Illegal re-entry – Knowingly re-entering the United States after you have been deported
What Are the Penalties for Smuggling Non-Citizens to the US?
In the United States, it is a crime to bring in, harbor, transport, or conceal an illegal immigrant. If you have been arrested for alien smuggling in Arizona, you will face federal charges – which could result in a lengthy prison sentence and fines.
The penalties for smuggling an alien into the U.S. can include:
- Bringing or attempting to bring an alien into the U.S. – 10 years in prison
- Transporting or harboring an illegal immigrant for profit – 10 years in prison
- Transporting or harboring an illegal immigrant (not for profit) – 5 years in prison
- Alien smuggling that results in bodily injury or risk of death – 20 years in prison
- Alien smuggling that results in the death of another person – life in prison
If you are smuggling multiple non-citizens into the country, your punishment can be multiplied by the number of people involved. If someone is injured during the act, you could also face increased punishment. Whether your offense involves escorting someone into the desert or smuggling large groups of illegal aliens, you need a tough attorney who can protect you from the most severe charges.
Protect Your Rights – Contact Suzuki Law Offices
Don't talk to USCIS investigators, Border Patrol agents or local law enforcement officers until you have spoken with a Phoenix criminal lawyer our firm. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or you can contact us online as soon as possible.
We offer free consultations, and our defense attorneys and staff members speak fluent Spanish.
Our team has in-house Private Investigators that are retired from law enforcement
We are aggressive and honest in our pursuit to uphold your rights
We are a devoted and highly rated team of professional advocates
We will review your case for FREE in an initial consultation
Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients
Our defense lawyers are fluent in both English and Spanish
Our attorneys have worked on the other side of the courtroom
Our team is available to take your call 24/7 – day or night