Gun & Weapons Offense Lawyer in Phoenix
Arrested on a weapons charge?
Certainly the use of a gun to carry out a crime can yield serious consequences, but even the illegal possession of one can yield years in jail. Suzuki Law Offices can capably represent you at trial, but our experienced legal team does everything possible to prevent it from coming to this point.
If you are charged with a gun crime under Arizona or federal law, contact us immediately. From our Phoenix law offices, we represent English-speaking and Spanish-speaking clients in the Phoenix area, Maricopa County and surrounding counties of southern Arizona.
Arizona Gun & Weapon Laws
In Arizona, any individual 21 years of older may carry a firearm openly or concealed without a license, as long as he or she does not have a felony conviction, mental illness, and completes a safety course. Although Arizona does have less restrictive gun laws, violations of these laws can result in harsh penalties that can include prison time and felony charges.
Our firm can help defend you if you're facing the following charges:
- Possession during commission of a crime: Carrying a deadly weapon while committing a felony triggers the maximum mandatory prison sentence for the underlying offense.
- Prohibited possessor: A convicted felon or an illegal alien in possession of a weapon or gun may face mandatory prison for carrying or possessing a firearm.
- Prohibited firearms: Assault weapons, sawed-off shotguns, armor-piercing ammo and other banned weapons.
- Illegal in possession: If you are in the U.S. by unlawful entry you may face stiff prison time for being caught with a weapon.
- Altered serial number: A serious federal offense
- Unlawful concealment: No permit to carry concealed
Whether your charges include standalone charges of the above, or are combined with other crimes such as assault, robbery, burglary, or another type of violent crime, we have the experience to investigate and defend you against even the most serious of charges.
Effective Phoenix Criminal Defense Firm
We are knowledgeable and have experience with many possible defenses for weapons crimes, from the side of the prosecution and from the side of the defense. Before private practice, our founder, Attorney Richard Suzuki, served as a Deputy Maricopa County Attorney and as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Tucson and Phoenix. Following his lead, we know the right questions to ask to poke holes in the prosecution's case against you.
We ask in-depth questions like:
- Is it someone else's gun? What actual evidence ties it to you?
- Did you know the gun was in your house or vehicle?
- How did officers find the firearm – by illegal search of your person or a bad warrant?
We look for holes in the prosecution's case to get charges dropped, to suppress evidence or to gain leverage for a favorable plea deal. Richard Suzuki is also prepared to defend at you in a gun crimes trial to preserve your freedom.
Our team has in-house Private Investigators that are retired from law enforcement
We are aggressive and honest in our pursuit to uphold your rights
We are a devoted and highly rated team of professional advocates
We will review your case for FREE in an initial consultation
Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients
Our defense lawyers are fluent in both English and Spanish
Our attorneys have worked on the other side of the courtroom
Our team is available to take your call 24/7 – day or night