In 2012, more than 33,800 people were arrested for theft in Arizona, totaling more than $107 million in stolen property. Prosecutors take these cases seriously. If you have been accused of stealing someone else’s property, you should contact our firm before making any statements to law enforcement. We represent cases throughout all of Maricopa County.
There are many viable defenses to theft crimes if your attorney knows how to effectively address the situation. When you hire Suzuki Law Offices, your rights will be represented by a Phoenix theft lawyer who has handled everything from shoplifting to first-degree burglary. We are available 24/7, so don’t wait to schedule your free consultation.
Committed to providing exceptional legal service to each and every client through integrity, compassion and experience.Get Started
Get an Aggressive Defense for Your Theft Crime Charges
Our firm handles all types of theft cases:
Phoenix Theft Crime Defense Lawyer Near Me 602-682-5270
What Are the Penalties for Theft in Arizona?
In Arizona, there are varying types and degrees of theft crimes. Each crime is classified based on the value of the stolen items and, in some cases, the manner in which they were stolen. Generally, the greater the value of the stolen property, the harsher the penalties will be.
Below is a list of theft crime charges and the penalties associated a conviction:
- Class 1 misdemeanor – Valued at less than $1,000, punishable by 6 months in jail
- Class 6 felony – Valued between $1,000 and $2,000, punishable by 2 years in prison
- Class 5 felony – Valued between $2,000 and $3,000, punishable by 2.5 years in prison
- Class 4 felony – Valued between $3,000 and $4,000, punishable by 3.75 years in prison
- Class 3 felony – Valued between $4,000 and $25,000, punishable by 8.75 years in prison
- Class 2 felony – Valued at $25,000 or more, punishable by 12.5 years in prison
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
If you have been accused of a theft crime in Arizona, please don’t wait to call Suzuki Law Offices for an initial consultation. Although our theft crime attorneys are based in Phoenix, we serve clients throughout the state. We also offer FREE and confidential case evaluations. We are ready to explain the possible consequences you face and help you explore all of your legal options – all you have to do is call. You can reach our firm 24/7, so don’t wait to get started.
How Suzuki Law Offices Can Assist with Your Defense
Under Arizona law, theft is broadly defined as the act of willfully or knowingly depriving someone of their property. This can include controlling another person’s property with the intent to deprive them of it, using another person’s property for an unauthorized amount of time, controlling stolen property, obtaining services without paying for them, and more.
We will raise important questions when crafting your defense, including:
- Was there intent to permanently deprive the victim?
- How were you actually identified as the suspect?
- Is there physical evidence or only a victim’s “positive ID”?
- Did anyone else have access to the stolen goods?
- Was the search warrant or traffic stop valid?
When you work with a Phoenix theft attorney at Suzuki Law Offices, we will exhaust all possible defenses in your theft crime case. For lesser offenses, your charges may be dropped if restitution is made. For more serious theft crimes, we will seek to get your charges dropped or have evidence dismissed, or prepare to defend you at trial.
Our theft crime lawyers have an in-depth understanding of Arizona theft laws, and they are prepared to defend your charges for burglary, robbery, auto theft and more.