Phoenix Insurance Fraud Defense Lawyers
White Collar Crime Defense Attorneys Serving Arizona
Being charged with insurance fraud is a serious allegation that can pose life-altering penalties. At Suzuki Law Offices, our Phoenix criminal attorneys have experience handling complex fraud cases in Arizona, including federal insurance fraud. We guide our clients through each phase of the process and defend their futures from the serious penalties at stake.
With so much on the line, you need a tough and talented trial lawyer whose reputation for results is widely known throughout the legal community. At Suzuki Law Offices, we have a reputation for excellence in complex matters of white collar crime. Over the years, we have built a history of favorable outcomes in some of the most challenging criminal cases.
If you have been charged with insurance fraud or another white collar crime, contact us for a free consultation.
Types of Insurance Fraud Cases We Handle
Our legal team has the experience and resources to handle the complexities of insurance fraud allegations. As former prosecutors, we are also familiar with handling cases that may involve additional criminal charges related to fraud.We represent clients facing a wide range of insurance fraud charges, including:
- Auto insurance fraud
- False reimbursement claims
- Unemployment fraud
- Life insurance fraud
- Health insurance fraud
- Staged accidents
- Medical billing fraud
Penalties for Insurance Fraud in Arizona
All cases are unique, and the charges and penalties one will face for an insurance fraud conviction will depend on various factors, including the monetary value of the alleged fraud. Generally, individuals convicted of fraud will face fines, restitution, prison time, and employment loss. Insurance fraud is often considered to be a Class 6 felony in Arizona. This can result in up to 10 years of imprisonment, up to $150,000 in fines, and potential civil penalties of $5,000 for each violation.
Common Forms of Insurance Fraud
- Stolen Car: People can fraud car insurance companies by reporting a stolen car, when in actuality, they sold the car for parts or to someone overseas. When the car is sold for parts, the body shop will dismantle the car until it is unrecognizable, creating the perfect cover for the evidence.
- Totaled Car: Some people will intentionally wreck their cars to gain insurance money from the accident. In a car accident, the value of a vehicle is inflated. Therefore, wrecking two cars can increase the profits, and a driver and a “victim” can split the total insurance payout after the dust has settled.
- Unfixed Car Damage: This is by far the most prominent form of auto insurance fraud, and people may not even realize that it’s illegal. Insurance companies are sometimes required to pay out damages, even if the damages don’t affect the car’s performance. Due to this statute, people ask their insurance companies to cut checks to “fix” dents or dings in their cars, but instead of fixing their cars, they end up pocketing it for other purposes. This is an easy scam to perform, but a conviction will lead to serious time behind bars!
- Staged Home Fires: In some scenarios, desperate homeowners will intentionally set their houses on fire to get money for their homes and possessions. They can hire people to set a fire while they’re away, helping them cash in on the insurance money after the fact.
- Health Insurance Billing: Doctors and health care providers may use you for insurance fraud. Doctors can tell insurance companies that they gave you an expensive treatment when in reality, no treatment was required. Thankfully, if a doctor is held guilty for this crime, you will not be held responsible.
Were You Accused of Committing Health Care Fraud?
In recent years, health care practices have gotten a great deal of media attention. Prosecutors have joined the push for stricter regulations and higher accountability by taking more aggressive action in health care fraud cases. If you're an Arizona health care provider facing multiple lawsuits for allegations of health care fraud, you can't afford to lose even one of them. You could lose your professional license and your livelihood. Our attorneys can fight to keep this from happening.
Perhaps you've been suspected of billing for services that weren't rendered. You may have been charged with taking benefits, double-billing or coding. No matter what charges you face, we can aggressively defend your rights against any Medicare fraud or Medicaid fraud allegation. We actively represent the interests of hospitals, clinics, and health care professionals facing serious criminal charges in Arizona courts. Call our Phoenix criminal defense lawyers for the help you need.
Federal Insurance Fraud Defense
Many insurance fraud cases involve federal charges because insurance claims affect interstate commerce. Fraud such as healthcare, Medicare, workers' compensation, life insurance, staged accidents, faking a disability, etc. are all examples of federally prosecutable offenses.
When the federal government is involved, you could be facing decades of jail time and steep fines. Our team at Suzuki Law Offices are former federal prosecutors who understand how the federal agencies work, and how to properly defend your charges.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation Today
At Suzuki Law Offices, our Phoenix criminal defense attorneys do everything in our power to reduce the consequences of a white collar crime arrest. We work with you to help make sure that you get back home, spend time with your family and get the treatment necessary to fully comply with court orders. Schedule your free case evaluation with our firm today so that we can discuss the details of your insurance fraud charges.
Call our firm today at (602) 842-6762 to take the first step.
Our team is available to take your call 24/7 – day or night
Our attorneys have worked on the other side of the courtroom
Our defense lawyers are fluent in both English and Spanish
Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients
We will review your case for FREE in an initial consultation
We are a devoted and highly rated team of professional advocates
We are aggressive and honest in our pursuit to uphold your rights
Our team has in-house Private Investigators that are retired from law enforcement