At Suzuki Law Offices, we provide aggressive representation for people facing identity theft charges, credit card fraud charges, and other types of allegations involving white collar crimes. As former prosecuting attorneys, we understand the criteria prosecutors use when evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of a particular case. We also know the techniques that prosecutors use to gain convictions and how to counter those techniques with proactive measures of our own.
Committed to providing exceptional legal service to each and every client through integrity, compassion and experience.Get Started
Arizona Identity Theft Laws
Identity theft charges arise when an individual knowingly takes, purchases, or uses the personal identifying information of someone else without their consent for unlawful purposes.
Arizona has several laws that define various types of identity theft:
- Taking the Identity of a Person or Entity (§13-2008), which can be charged as a Class 4 felony.
- Aggravated Taking Identity of Another Person or Entity (§13-2009), which is a Class 3 felony
- Trafficking in the Identity of Another Person or Entity (§13-2010), which is a Class 2 felony and involves transferring or selling personal identification information.
Phoenix Identity Theft Defense Lawyer Near Me 602-682-5270
Defending People Facing Identity Theft Charges
At Suzuki Law Offices, we are equipped to defend our clients against any type of identity theft charge.
Some examples of cases involving identity theft include:
- Individuals charged with fraudulent use of a credit card or debit card
- Theft and use of stolen credit cards, ATM cards, and prepaid cards
- Intentionally charging more than you can afford with no intention to pay
- Forgery and check fraud
- Organized schemes to defraud merchants
- Large-scale credit card counterfeiting operations
- Hacking into merchant or financial institution computer systems
Whenever possible, we will seek to suppress evidence that was unlawfully acquired by law enforcement authorities. Our firm will seek the best possible outcome for you while protecting your rights at all stages of the criminal defense process.
Potential Defenses for Identity Theft
We can explore all possible defenses to help you fight your charges.
Some defenses can include:
- Insufficient evidence or tainted evidence
- Police misconduct during collection of evidence, interviewing witnesses, or overall investigation
- Mistaken identity
Our team thoroughly investigates all the steps leading up to your arrest, including the investigation and the evidence used to charge you.
Receive Your Free Consultation Today
At Suzuki Law Offices, our lawyers do everything in our power to reduce the consequences of fraud or identity theft charges in Arizona. We work with you to help make sure your rights and freedom are protected. If you are ready to schedule a free consultation, contact the criminal defense lawyers at Suzuki Law Offices. Call us today and we can discuss your situation, as well as our strategy to defend your rights, freedom, and future.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Accused of Committing Credit Card Fraud?
By obtaining another person’s credit card information, creating counterfeit cards, or even by using your own credit cards with no intention or ability to pay the bill, you may be committing credit card fraud. You may be at risk of federal charges, and federal investigators may be working right now to obtain enough evidence against you in order to pursue a conviction.
At Suzuki Law Offices, experience has taught us that, in addition to facing fines and imprisonment, you may also be required to forfeit any property that was allegedly used to commit the crime. This may have a huge impact on your life.
For this reason, it is important to involve a Phoenix criminal defense attorney who can help counteract these charges.